Friday, July 25, 2008

Cleans and Dips

Yesterday Billy and Steve drilled the Clean using the pvc before moving on to the bar. I likened the technical complexity of the Clean to that of a golf swing. It requires study, correction, and repetition as well as avoiding frustration along the way. I know I have a long way to go with it as a practitioner and coach. Both guys demonstrated the capacity to do dips on the solid bar station. Next we'll give it a shot on rings. There WOD was as follows.

Cleans and Dips for time: Steven(45lb)4:23 Billy(55lb)4:28
-19
-13
-9







On a laughable note, I managed to tweak something in my left shoulder/neck/upper back doing muscle-ups at lunch yesterday. I set the clock for 20 minutes to see how many I could get. I squeezed out 28 which in my opinion is lame. Plus I had to dismount on pretty much everyone to reset my false grip. Technically I also started bent arm at the bottom. Like everything else in my CF journey, I need lots of work on my muscle-ups. Still had fun with them despite how much of a pain they are.

3 comments:

Kym_Jinks said...

Both those guys need to get a good shrug going in their necks and extend/push off all the way through their toes to get that weightless feeling before they rotate their elbows around to catch those cleans. I think that will help their form improve greatly. Hope that helps. Best regards,
Kym_Jinks

Head Trainer - Bryan Bentley said...

Awesome advice Kym. They're doing their best with a complex movement while fighting fatigue. This was their first time cleaning with a bar.

Gerry said...

That's great to see these kids trying new things. I can just imagine how they will be once they master the techniques. Great job.